The FIVE MINUTE MENTAL MARINADE
The “Five Minute Mental Marinade” Can Change Your Life!
Worry, stress, and anxiety have no place in your life, except as brief emotional messengers beckoning you to find solutions to a difficulty or challenge. These natural emotions, however, can harm, subvert, and destroy your happiness unless you learn to manage them. In “Why Worry? Stop Coping and Start Living” I provide lots of ways to do just that… https://whyworrybook.com/buy-the-book .
But here is another and, believe me, it can change your life! It draws on resources from your mind, body, and spirit. This triple whammy creates a powerful energy to help you solve your issues and manage your emotions. Without engaging these subtle resources, much of the time, our brains react negatively primarily because we have unconsciously programmed it to do so. It’s the way we are brought up, the example we mostly see, and because we are unaware of a powerful truth….Worry is a Choice! You are not the victim, you are the chooser of your reactions and which thoughts you pay attention to.
One powerful way to begin becoming the leader of your thoughts and not the follower of your fears is to re-program that automatic negativity, which I call “terribilizing” (making something that is a problem into a catastrophe) and overwrite that response with “possibilizing” (creating a mentally positive possibility that things will be just fine or you can handle whatever you need to handle).
What’s the Secret? Here is a great way to begin reprogramming your mind to react in a way that will allow you to feel happier, more in control, and feel more grounded:
This is the FIVE MINUTE MENTAL MARINADE. Do these before you go to sleep each night:
- RESTING in bed, place both hands across your chest in your heart area (one on top of the other and resting your arms on your chest).
- CLOSE your eyes and take 5 deep, slow breaths.
- RECALL 5 positive things that happened during the day (we usually recall everything that annoyed us…don’t go there!).
- FOCUS on someone or something you really LOVE! Focus on that feeling and those thoughts for a few minutes. Enjoy this fully!
- TAKE 5 more deep, slow breaths.
- RELAX and let yourself drift off to sleep, allowing your mind to marinate all night in this positive energy. If you catch yourself reviewing problems, repeat the entire procedure.
The more consistently you do the FIVE MINUTE MENTAL MARINADE, the more amazing your results will be. You might even try this during the day, especially if things are stressing you out. Find a place to be alone and do the FIVE MINUTE MENTAL MARINADE.
Life will often challenge us. Just as we solve one problem, another may arise. Worry is something that is natural and tries to alert us to problems. We need, however, to manage this helpful emotion before it kicks into automatic terribilizing and negativity, dragging us down a negative spiral of reactions.
It’s up to you to take care of yourself, to become the leader of your thoughts. What better time than now to begin charting a new way? What better way than to infuse into your life more loving kindness, relaxation, and positive energy. Marinate and enjoy!